Velocity Reviews

-   -   AffineTransform substitute for 1.1 jdk? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t141578-affinetransform-substitute-for-1-1-jdk.html)

SPG 03-04-2005 12:25 PM

AffineTransform substitute for 1.1 jdk?

hi,

I need to doa transform on a font, to stretch its height and width.
The problem is that we must support 1.1 JDK which sucks.

I have tried rendering to an image then scaling it, but in order to keep the
fonts looking smooth the scaling hint need to be SCALE_SMOOTH and that
causes massive performance hits.

What about converting the characters of a font to polygons.. Can I do that?

There has to be a nice way to stretch a font in both directions using the
1.1 jdk.. doesn't there?

Steve