Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to encryption/decryption works with java 1.2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t139987-how-to-encryption-decryption-works-with-java-1-2-a.html)

dishan@gmail.com 01-12-2005 04:35 AM

how to encryption/decryption works with java 1.2

Hi
I want to excrypt/decrypt some text using java 1.2. Is there any way to
doing this..?

Thanks
dishan

naunidh@gmail.com 01-12-2005 05:06 AM

Re: how to encryption/decryption works with java 1.2

Look into javax.crypto and javax.crypto.spec packages.

dishan@gmail.com 01-12-2005 05:11 AM

Re: how to encryption/decryption works with java 1.2

is javax.crypto comes with 1.2 ? Can you provide some URL to find some
good example.
Thanks

Sudsy 01-12-2005 05:58 AM

dishan@gmail.com wrote:
> is javax.crypto comes with 1.2 ? Can you provide some URL to find some
> good example.

You want JCE: Java Cryptography Extension. A good departure point can
be found here:
<http://java.sun.com/products/jce/>
Just so you know, there is a /huge/ learning curve here. Merely trying
to fathom the Diffie-Helman shared secret negotiation can turn your
brain to mush...I know; I'm in recovery ;-)
But more seriously, once you grok it, it all makes sense (eventually!)

naunidh@gmail.com 01-12-2005 07:30 AM

Re: how to encryption/decryption works with java 1.2

Try

http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/631301

Also look for part 2 of the same article.

This talk about crypto in jdk 1.2.

DishanF 01-12-2005 09:13 AM

Re: how to encryption/decryption works with java 1.2

Can I do without using JCE ??

DishanF 01-12-2005 09:14 AM

Re: how to encryption/decryption works with java 1.2

Hi
Thanks for reply all of u.
Can I encrypt and decrypt data without using JCE . Example use JCE . ??