Velocity Reviews

-   -   Control container for AWT? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t139675-control-container-for-awt.html)

Andrew Thompson 01-02-2005 02:33 PM

Re: Control container for AWT?

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:14:59 -0800, avp wrote:

> Is there any container in AWT compatable with Java 1.1 in which I can
> dynamically place any number of controls and it automatically places scroll
> bar for selecting ?

java.awt.ScrollPane, it accepts one component, but that component
can be a Panel with a GridLayout or FlowLayout.

> any suggestions ???

Read the GUI FAQ [1].
Do the GUI/Layout tutorial at Sun (see links in GUI FAQ).
Post GUI questions to c.l.j.g.[2].

[1] <http://www.physci.org/guifaq.jsp>
[2] <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljg>

--
Andrew Thompson

avp 01-03-2005 03:14 AM

Control container for AWT?

hi there
Is there any container in AWT compatable with Java 1.1 in which I can
dynamically place any number of controls and it automatically places scroll
bar for selecting ?

Currently I am working on a control interpreter in which you dynamically
create the control using XML and it will place the control on the applet,
for now only Label and Command is supported, i am looking for some way to
put the scroll bars automatically, so that when control over flow the screen
automatically scroll bar appears (since it does not happens with inheriting
Applet) and user can scroll to select the control, is it possible or do i
have to go in for all the math myself ?

any suggestions ???