Velocity Reviews

-   -   Applet & IE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t139208-applet-and-ie.html)

Damien 12-13-2004 02:36 PM

Applet & IE

Hi,

I would like to know how to write a java applet able to access to a
dll with the default IE JRE (1.1).

This applet must also work on Netscape and other browsers.

Thanks a lot,

Damien

Andrew Thompson 12-14-2004 05:40 PM

Re: Applet & IE

On 13 Dec 2004 06:36:48 -0800, Damien wrote:

> I would like to know how to write a java applet able to access to a
> dll with the default IE JRE (1.1).

The MSVM is no longer default. IE now arrives with no Java
Plug-In at all, just as it should.

The end user gets to choose whether they want Java, just as they do at
the sites of Mozilla and Opera which offer 'No Java' browser downloads.

--
Andrew Thompson