Velocity Reviews

-   -   log4j & crontab (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t138487-log4j-and-crontab.html)

Vuk 11-17-2004 01:03 PM

log4j & crontab

when i implement crontab in my application his log4jjcrontab.properties
overrides my log4j.properties

daniellauzon2002@gmail.com 09-13-2012 01:47 PM

Re: log4j & crontab

Le mercredi 17 novembre 2004 08:03:19 UTC-5, Vuk a écrit*:
> when i implement crontab in my application his log4jjcrontab.properties overrides my log4j.properties

Not sure if we have the same problem but my app logs nicely when I launch it myself from the command line but fails to log when I let crontab launch it.

Lars Enderin 09-13-2012 05:56 PM

Re: log4j & crontab

2012-09-13 15:47, daniellauzon2002@gmail.com skrev:
> Le mercredi 17 novembre 2004 08:03:19 UTC-5, Vuk a écrit :
>> when i implement crontab in my application his log4jjcrontab.properties overrides my log4j.properties

> Not sure if we have the same problem but my app logs nicely when I launch it myself from the command line but fails to log when I let crontab launch it.

In a crontab script you have to spell out the full path to executables,
or explicitly set the value of PATH to a suitable value similar to your
own PATH when logged in.

--
Lars Enderin

shyalika@gmail.com 04-10-2014 02:48 AM

Re: log4j & crontab

On Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:47:04 PM UTC+10, daniella...@gmail.com wrote:
> Le mercredi 17 novembre 2004 08:03:19 UTC-5, Vuk a écrit*:
>
> > when i implement crontab in my application his log4jjcrontab.propertiesoverrides my log4j.properties

> Not sure if we have the same problem but my app logs nicely when I launchit myself from the command line but fails to log when I let crontab launchit.

I have the same problem when executing a jar file via cron job. It does notlog the app logs implemented with log4j. Does anyone know the answer to why?