Velocity Reviews

-   -   Execute problem with JCreator (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t138274-execute-problem-with-jcreator.html)

Mark K 11-09-2004 04:12 PM

Execute problem with JCreator

I have a simple test program that was copied from the book. It compiles
fine but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

Andrew Thompson 11-09-2004 04:36 PM

Re: Execute problem with JCreator

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:12:40 GMT, Mark K wrote:

> I have a simple ..

Questions from people starting Java are best dealt
with on a different group described here..

> ...test program ..

Where?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>

>...that was copied from the book.

(Looks around) ..What book? The Koran?

>..It compiles fine ..

Define 'fine'?
Exactly how do you compile it, from the command line?
If so, what is the exact command and output?

>..but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
> GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

That does not makes sense, since you can
a) compile a .java source code or
b) execute/run a .class/.jar

Which brings me to..
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>
followed by. *Always* copy/paste output, otherwise
you are wasting everybodys time and bandwidth.

--
Andrew Thompson

Ann 11-09-2004 04:47 PM

"Mark K" <ski_freakREMOVETHECAPS@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Y%5kd.9949$Gm6.4793@newsread3.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> I have a simple test program that was copied from the book. It compiles
> fine but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
> GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

First, try reading the "...shows the help for trying to execute..."

Then you might look at "JCreator.chm" which is in the same directory
as "JCreator.exe" and "GE2001.exe"

Andrew Thompson 11-09-2004 04:54 PM

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:47:29 GMT, Ann wrote:

> "Mark K" <ski_freakREMOVETHECAPS@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:Y%5kd.9949$Gm6.4793@newsread3.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
>> I have a simple test program that was copied from the book. It compiles
>> fine but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
>> GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

> First, try reading the "...shows the help for trying to execute..."

Read the documentation? Has the world gone *mad*?

The OP sounds like he might also benefit from a still
*more* radical strategy..
<http://www.xdweb.net/~dibblego/java/faq/answers.html#Q34>

--
Andrew Thompson

Mark K 11-09-2004 06:21 PM

Re: Execute problem with JCreator

First of all the compile worked ( i received no errors)
The book refers to 'a java - how to program manual'
I tried to paste the error but I had to use paint shop pro to copy the error
as its hard to paste a command prompt and part of the code here.
I did try to read the help but it was 'no help'
and lastly..
give a newbie a break!

If you dont have an answer or can provide any help, please dont post! just
that simple.... I provided what I could. I would be more than happy to
send the screen shot to someones email acct. for viewing.

Ann 11-09-2004 07:23 PM

news:xX7kd.10077$Gm6.4744@newsread3.news.atl.earth link.net...
> heres the screen shot...
>

> "Mark K" <ski_freakREMOVETHECAPS@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:Y%5kd.9949$Gm6.4793@newsread3.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> > I have a simple test program that was copied from the book. It compiles
> > fine but when I try to execute it I get a command prompt that runs some
> > GE2001.exe which shows the help for trying to execute the .JAVA program.

Ok try this

"java Test"

Andrew Thompson 11-09-2004 07:41 PM

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:21:58 GMT, Mark K wrote:

> If you dont have an answer or can provide any help, please dont post!

I have done this conversation too many times to do it again
for yet another 'screaming noob', I'm too busy at the moment.
So I'll ask you straight up. Are you more interested in ..
a) Learning Java?
b) P*ssing off those who are trying to help you?

--
Andrew Thompson

Ann 11-10-2004 12:50 AM

"Andrew Thompson" <SeeMySites@www.invalid> wrote in message
news:1fyv4w98g2igt$.1o7ak0h0bwoxh$.dlg@40tude.net. ..
> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:21:58 GMT, Mark K wrote:
>
> > If you dont have an answer or can provide any help, please dont post!

> I have done this conversation too many times to do it again
> for yet another 'screaming noob', I'm too busy at the moment.
> So I'll ask you straight up. Are you more interested in ..
> a) Learning Java?
> b) P*ssing off those who are trying to help you?

Spoiled little rich kids to this a lot.

Mark K 11-10-2004 12:23 PM

Re: Execute problem with JCreator

well duh.. let me see.. hmmm ill take item 1

but if those that are trying to help offer the help you have.. i dont want
it.

Yes I do agree.. spoiled little rich kid!

There are nice ways of offering help and then there is the way you offered..
Unless your going to truly help me out (without the BS statements) please
dont!

Andrew Thompson 11-10-2004 01:32 PM

Re: Execute problem with JCreator

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:23:13 GMT, Mark K wrote:

Please refrain from top-posting Mark. I find it most confusing
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#netiquette>

>"Andrew Thompson" <SeeMySites@www.invalid> wrote in message...

>> ..Are you more interested in ..
>> a) Learning Java?
>> b) P*ssing off those who are trying to help you?

> ..well duh.. let me see.. hmmm ill take item 1

It is a pity your desire to learn Java has not translated
into a sound strategy to do achieve that.

> ..but if those that are trying to help offer the help you have..

Which, for the record is here..
<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1xv9txbr7p72w$.1vyxgd6su37w7$.dlg@40tu de.net>

> ..i dont want it.

Did you actually read it, or any of the links?

I get no impression that you have. You have certainly not responded
to any of my comments in a logical or useful way.

> Yes I do agree.. spoiled little rich kid!
>
> There are nice ways of offering help and then there is the way you offered..

What was it about that post that upset you?

> Unless your going to truly help me out (without the BS statements) please
> dont!

If you continue to display the attitudes and immaturity that
you have thus far, you are not going to get very far with getting
help from this group *or* c.l.j.help.

Now wake up to yourself and stop wasting our bandwidth with
your pathetic moaning about how 'the world done me wrong'.
It does not wash with (just about) anyone here.

--
Andrew Thompson