Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to design a database interface module using Java? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t137759-how-to-design-a-database-interface-module-using-java.html)

William 10-18-2004 10:09 PM

How to design a database interface module using Java?

I am going to design a datbase interface module for a complex
algorithm by using Java.
But I do not have the conceptual idea what to do.
Anyone can provide a little bit hint for me?

William

Ann 10-18-2004 11:38 PM

Re: How to design a database interface module using Java?

"William" <iamlinlin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:fcd2b14c.0410181409.28e262ba@posting.google.c om...
> I am going to design a datbase interface module for a complex
> algorithm by using Java.
> But I do not have the conceptual idea what to do.
> Anyone can provide a little bit hint for me?
>
> William

As far as I know databases don't have algorithms beyond the
simple ones that are built in suchas SUM. What do you want
to store in the database, the arguments to your alg plus the answer?

Thomas Weidenfeller 10-19-2004 06:51 AM

William wrote:
> I am going to design a datbase interface module for a complex
> algorithm by using Java.
> But I do not have the conceptual idea what to do.
> Anyone can provide a little bit hint for me?

I assume they have tutors at Acadia University. Ask one.

You could also have a look at
http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_.../beginner.html

/Thomas