Velocity Reviews

-   -   Actuate help - CSV Export (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t136231-actuate-help-csv-export.html)

Pramod Ramachandran 08-20-2004 03:27 PM

Actuate help - CSV Export

Hi group,

Sorry if I am cross posting, since I dont exactly know this is the
group which would fetch me an answer...

I am quiete new to Actuate. I use version 5.0 under Win2000. My
problem is as follows -

I have a certain report which has to be run under various locales -
English, German, French and Italian. When I do and export to CSV from
the report viewer popup browser, I need the column header to be in the
respective locale (I give the locale as a parameter to the report).

I need to read the column names from some captions file respective of
the locale and save the csv column header accordingly while export.
For instance,
in English locale the csv content would look like :

Event Date Event Count
---------- -----------

19/05/2003 2893
20/05/2003 3245

the same csv in German should look like

Ereignis-Datum Event Count=Ereignis-Zähler
-------------- -------------------------
19/05/2003 2893
20/05/2003 3245

I found that the column header name after export is the component name
which carries the data. How do I manage the above ? Thanks a lot for
all suggestions and help.

Pramod Ramachandran

Paul Lutus 08-20-2004 04:00 PM

Re: Actuate help - CSV Export

Pramod Ramachandran wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> Sorry if I am cross posting, since I dont exactly know this is the
> group which would fetch me an answer...
>
> I am quiete new to Actuate. I use version 5.0 under Win2000. My
> problem is as follows -
>
> I have a certain report which has to be run under various locales -
> English, German, French and Italian. When I do and export to CSV from
> the report viewer popup browser, I need the column header to be in the
> respective locale (I give the locale as a parameter to the report).

You need to rethink your design. Consider the possibility that a file from
one locale may need to be read in another. If you change the locale of the
header field names, you balkanize your database files. This is a VBI.

Recommend: Think hard before proceeding. This would be like having Java
source files whose keywords were locale-specific.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com