Velocity Reviews

-   -   web services tutorial/software for experienced programmer? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t135822-web-services-tutorial-software-for-experienced-programmer.html)

Digital Puer 08-03-2004 05:23 PM

web services tutorial/software for experienced programmer?

Hi, I'm an experience Java programmer and want to get my feet wet
with web services. I have several years of experience with RMI
and XML already, so I was wondering what's the best way to get
started using web services?

What are the minimum server-side and client-side libraries I need?

Thanks for any help.

Andreas Nauerz 08-03-2004 09:08 PM

Re: web services tutorial/software for experienced programmer?

Hey there,

try to start with the Java WebServices Developer pack:

http://java.sun.com/webservices/index.jsp

There is a whole bunch of information available on SUN's product page for
WebServices, including online chats and a forum.

Try to step through the tutorial SUN offers:

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/tutorial/

Both together should help you getting familiar with the world of
WebServices...

Have fun and ask back if you need further assistance ;-)

Regards,

Andreas

Dave Monroe 08-04-2004 12:31 PM

Re: web services tutorial/software for experienced programmer?

Digital Puer <digital_puer@hotjail.comet> wrote in message news:<ceohlu$d9d$1@daisy.noc.ucla.edu>...
> Hi, I'm an experience Java programmer and want to get my feet wet
> with web services. I have several years of experience with RMI
> and XML already, so I was wondering what's the best way to get
> started using web services?
>
> What are the minimum server-side and client-side libraries I need?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Go straight to the source.

http://www.ws-i.org