Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: RMI Error Under Eclipse, Not Command Line (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t134990-re-rmi-error-under-eclipse-not-command-line.html)

jayshao 07-07-2004 09:02 PM

Re: RMI Error Under Eclipse, Not Command Line

Dale,

Since Eclipse compiles the code itself, RMI support seems to be a bit
dodgy (classpath issues, etc.) There is probably some project
properties you need to adjust.

I've had great success using the RMI Plugin: http://www.genady.net/rmi/
to help me with the configuration and rmic stage of compilation, though
I admittedly only used it for a couple of school projects.

Jason

Dale 07-08-2004 09:47 PM

Re: RMI Error Under Eclipse, Not Command Line

Thanks - I found the 'free' version of said program on sourceforge and
it worked like a charm.

I think the issue was something very simple... My original project
had source and binaries in the same directory. So I ran rmic in the
one directory and the stub and skel where available when I ran from
the source directory. But Eclipse runs out of the bin directory, and
there were no stub and skel there! I thought it was something more
difficult than that.

With respect to the other poster, I've tried to get into ant, but just
never quite got there. Some day maybe. Thanks for the example.

--Dale--