Velocity Reviews

-   -   how can I convert date infomation to a string just includes the date not the time (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t134985-how-can-i-convert-date-infomation-to-a-string-just-includes-the-date-not-the-time.html)

wgan 07-07-2004 05:59 PM

how can I convert date infomation to a string just includes the date not the time

I just want the date like Thu 08, july 2004 but not the exact time.
how can I do that.

P.Hill 07-07-2004 07:01 PM

Re: how can I convert date infomation to a string just includes thedate not the time

wgan wrote:

> I just want the date like Thu 08, july 2004 but not the exact time.
> how can I do that.

Check out SimpleDateFormat.

-Paul

Roedy Green 07-07-2004 07:26 PM

Re: how can I convert date infomation to a string just includes the date not the time

On 7 Jul 2004 10:59:19 -0700, wgan001@hotmail.com (wgan) wrote or
quoted :

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/calendar.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

wgan 07-08-2004 10:32 AM

"P.Hill" <goodhill.REMOVE@xmissionREMOVE.com> wrote in message news:<cchha4$nk4$1@news.xmission.com>...
> wgan wrote:
>
> > I just want the date like Thu 08, july 2004 but not the exact time.
> > how can I do that.

> Check out SimpleDateFormat.
>
> -Paul

I got an erro message when I ran the class:
Date_format/class
it seems the DateFormat/SimpleDateFormat are missing, but actually, it
should be there, how can I fix it?

Tony Morris 07-08-2004 10:42 AM

"wgan" <wgan001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:8b3be3eb.0407080232.2c06e29@posting.google.co m...
> "P.Hill" <goodhill.REMOVE@xmissionREMOVE.com> wrote in message

> > wgan wrote:
> >
> > > I just want the date like Thu 08, july 2004 but not the exact time.
> > > how can I do that.

> > Check out SimpleDateFormat.
> >
> > -Paul

> I got an erro message when I ran the class:
> Date_format/class
> it seems the DateFormat/SimpleDateFormat are missing, but actually, it
> should be there, how can I fix it?

Read what your VM is telling you.
Allow me to spell it out:

No
Class
Def (Definition)
Found
Error
: Date_format/class

The VM can't find the class definition "Date_format.class".
No VM will ever find that class because it is impossible for one to exist
due to the fact that "class" is a keyword and cannot be used as a class
name.
http://www.xdweb.net/~dibblego/java/faq/answers.html#q8

--
Tony Morris
http://xdweb.net/~dibblego/

P.Hill 07-08-2004 03:24 PM

wgan wrote:
> "P.Hill" <goodhill.REMOVE@xmissionREMOVE.com> wrote in message news:<cchha4$nk4$1@news.xmission.com>...
> I got an erro message when I ran the class:
> Date_format/class
> it seems the DateFormat/SimpleDateFormat are missing, but actually, it
> should be there, how can I fix it?

Fix what? Where you going to leave us to check our crystal ball?
Try showing some code, but as others have said Date_format is not DateFormat.
Also you need to try an appropriate import statement.

-Paul

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen 07-08-2004 06:16 PM

wgan001@hotmail.com (wgan) writes:

> Date_format/class

The .class is a file name extension, not part of the classname. When
you run Java applications you use the class name, not the file name.

Roedy Green 07-08-2004 07:08 PM

Re: how can I convert date infomation to a string just includes the date not the time

On 8 Jul 2004 03:32:50 -0700, wgan001@hotmail.com (wgan) wrote or
quoted :

>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/errormess...SDEFFOUNDERROR

It's the one decorated with an Edvard Munch painting.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.