Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ant copy task (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t134434-ant-copy-task.html)

javaguy44 06-16-2004 08:52 PM

Ant copy task

Hi everyone,

Had an apache ant question and hope someone can help me out.

I am using the copy task to copy a directory to antoher directory.
Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
of those files that were copied?

Thanks

Rob Shepherd 06-17-2004 08:20 AM

Re: Ant copy task

javaguy44 wrote:
Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
> of those files that were copied?

Ant will report something like... N files copied, I know this isn't a great help but Ant
will only copy things which need copying

eg. New files which don't exist at Dest
Modified files changed at source

It won't bother copying anything with equal size and equal timestamp

HTH

Rob

JavaJug 06-17-2004 12:13 PM

Re: Ant copy task

javaguy44 wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Had an apache ant question and hope someone can help me out.
>
> I am using the copy task to copy a directory to antoher directory.
> Has anyone echoed the files copied, so that I can see the file names
> of those files that were copied?
>
> Thanks

use the "verbose" attribute of the copy task (verbose="yes")
or "ant -v buildFile.xml" to force all verbose tasks to verbose="yes"
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/copy.html
(Ant Copy task man page)

Tony Morris 06-18-2004 01:42 AM

Re: Ant copy task

> Ant will report something like... N files copied, I know this isn't a
great help but Ant
> will only copy things which need copying
>
> eg. New files which don't exist at Dest
> Modified files changed at source
>

> It won't bother copying anything with equal size and equal timestamp

Check out the "overwrite" attribute of the copy task.

--
Tony Morris
(BInfTech, Cert 3 I.T.)

javaguy44 06-21-2004 08:10 AM

Re: Ant copy task

Thanks JavaJug...I looked at the doc, and just totally missed verbose.