Velocity Reviews

-   -   UnknownHostException on Japanese Windows XP - Please Help!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t132921-unknownhostexception-on-japanese-windows-xp-please-help.html)

Dave Raskin 04-26-2004 07:17 PM

UnknownHostException on Japanese Windows XP - Please Help!!!

Hello,

I am running the following code on Japanese Windows XP:

String localHostName = java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName();

If the Computer name is in English, this works fine.

If the Computer name is in Japanese, I get an UnknownHostException in
InetAddress.java, line 1191.

If I run this same code on a Japanese Windows 2K, with a Japanese computer
name, it works fine.

I tried 3 different JREs: 1.3.1_11, 1.4.2_01, and 1.4.2._04 - same result.
This seems to be a difference between Windows 2K and XP.

I searched the web and the forums and I can't see any reference to this
specific problem. Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!

Dave Raskin
draskin@rimage.com