Velocity Reviews

-   -   applets - security (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t132695-applets-security.html)

golem 04-19-2004 04:49 PM

applets - security

I am writing an applet which uses sockets to establish a network
connection. I had to adjust my $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.policy
file to make my applet run. What should i do to make the applet run on
another machine (where java.policy has defaults permissions not allowing
to connect with remote hosts)?

thx in advance

--
golem

Christophe Vanfleteren 04-19-2004 04:58 PM

Re: applets - security

golem wrote:

> I am writing an applet which uses sockets to establish a network
> connection. I had to adjust my $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.policy
> file to make my applet run. What should i do to make the applet run on
> another machine (where java.policy has defaults permissions not allowing
> to connect with remote hosts)?
>
> thx in advance

You need to sign it.
I'm sure it is explained somewhere on java.sun.com

--
Kind regards,
Christophe Vanfleteren

Roedy Green 04-19-2004 08:46 PM

Re: applets - security

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:49:06 +0200, golem <golem@none.null> wrote or
quoted :

>What should i do to make the applet run on
>another machine (where java.policy has defaults permissions not allowing
>to connect with remote hosts)?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/digitalsignatures.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/certificate.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keytool.html
and chase links.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Mark Preston 04-20-2004 02:46 PM

Re: applets - security

golem wrote:

> I am writing an applet [snip] What should i do to make the applet run on
> another machine (where java.policy has defaults permissions not allowing
> to connect with remote hosts)?

Digitally sign it.