Velocity Reviews

-   -   Setting up TCP/IP through a modem all in native java? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t132358-setting-up-tcp-ip-through-a-modem-all-in-native-java.html)

cfineman@yahoo.com 04-07-2004 03:55 PM

Setting up TCP/IP through a modem all in native java?

We want to be able to dial up a machine, do a quick username/password
authentication, then establish a TCP/IP connection over the modem to
transfer info via HTTP.

I must confess I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed. I know I can
talk to the modem via javax.comm but there are a bunch of issues related
to redial and other error management.

This does not even begin to touch on how to establish the TCP/IP connection.

Since this will definitely be on a windows box, leveraging RAS might be
an issue (presumably this would require some JNI work).

Can anyone provide any thoughts/direction on this?

Thanks

Charles