Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can JAXB be used to get a Java representation of an XML Schema? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t130386-can-jaxb-be-used-to-get-a-java-representation-of-an-xml-schema.html)

SOndei 01-15-2004 09:20 AM

Can JAXB be used to get a Java representation of an XML Schema?

Hi all,

I would like to know if is it possible to use JAXB (part of the Java
Web Services Developer Pack v1.3) to get a Java object that represents
an XML Schema. I do not want to invoke the schema compiler against an
XML Schema to generate java classes at compile time, I want to
accomplish this at run time, getting a "java abstraction" of the XML
Schema file that let me investigate its structure.

I know that Castor has such a feature, I wonder if JAXB or something
else in the JWSDP has it too.

Thanks in advance!