Velocity Reviews

-   -   filter that dump all the https request /response (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t130340-filter-that-dump-all-the-https-request-response.html)

iexpl 01-14-2004 02:51 AM

filter that dump all the https request /response

Hi, all

Is there a pre-written filter that dumps out all the https
request/response received by an Apache server?

If not, how can I go about written one? I looked through
ServletHttpRequest/ServletHttpReponse interface, but did not find any
methods that dump all the packet contents.

Thanks

-eva

Toddy Marx 01-14-2004 10:07 AM

Re: filter that dump all the https request /response

iexpl wrote:

> Is there a pre-written filter that dumps out all the https
> request/response received by an Apache server?

You can try httpunit (http://httpunit.sourceforge.net). I know it
supports https but i only used it on http so far.

// import http unit testing
import com.meterware.httpunit.*;
// simulate a browser
WebConversation wc = new WebConversation();
// create a request
WebRequest request = new WebRequest(myUrl.toString());
// submit request to myUrl and get the servers response
WebResponse response = wc.getResponse(request);
// query httpunit response object
String responseText = response.getText();
String responseHeader = response.toString();

The com.meterware.httpunit.WebRequest and
com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse classes are pretty powerful. They
offer a lot of functionality that helps configuring the request and
analysing the servers response.

Look here for information on httpunits https support:
http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/doc/sslfaq.html

L8er,
~Toddy

--
Toddy Marx (email contains no z)

Robert Olofsson 01-14-2004 11:54 AM

iexpl <iexpl@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Is there a pre-written filter that dumps out all the https
: request/response received by an Apache server?

Why do you need this?
If you only need to look at the data then I would suggest that you
look at ethereal. It is a program that can be used to capture network
traffic. Inspecting the data on the wire is often better than trying
to insert some filter...

I do not know of any easy way to add a filter to apache so I can not
help you with that, but if you tell us why you need this maybe I know
something more.

/robo