Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f30-java.html)
-   -   web hosting recommendation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t130324-web-hosting-recommendation.html)

j 01-13-2004 01:54 PM

web hosting recommendation
 
Hi all ,

I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
war file support ?

Thanks.

Perseus



Ike 01-13-2004 02:39 PM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
www.javapie.com.

THere are few products I could recommend as highly.

"j" <perseus_medusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4003f851$1@newsgate.hknet.com...
> Hi all ,
>
> I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am

quite
> surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask

if
> there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
> war file support ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Perseus
>
>




Roedy Green 01-13-2004 10:44 PM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:54:46 +0800, "j" <perseus_medusa@hotmail.com>
wrote or quoted :

> I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
>surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
>there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
>war file support ?


I can't answer your specific question, but I have compiled a list of
Java-friendly ISPs.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary.

Arcadius A. 01-14-2004 03:00 AM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
j wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> I am now using lunarpages as my web hosting company. However, I am quite
> surprised to find that it does not support hibernate. So I'd like to ask if
> there is any good web hosting company recommendation with jsp / servlet /
> war file support ?
>


http://webhostingtalk.com/


Andrew Thompson 01-14-2004 03:44 AM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
"j" <perseus_medusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4003f851$1@newsgate.hknet.com...
....
| ...does not support hibernate.

What is 'hibernate'?



Mickey Segal 01-14-2004 03:43 PM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
"Andrew Thompson" <andrew64@bigNOSPAMpond.com> wrote in message
news:YW2Nb.11412$Wa.2102@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> What is 'hibernate'?


http://www.hibernate.org/



Andrew Thompson 01-14-2004 08:50 PM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
"Mickey Segal" <ignored@example.com> wrote in message
news:400563b3$0$6738$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
| "Andrew Thompson" <andrew64@bigNOSPAMpond.com> wrote in message
| news:YW2Nb.11412$Wa.2102@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
| > What is 'hibernate'?
|
| http://www.hibernate.org/

Right, OO xtn to SQL.

Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
when I finally figure out something to use it for,
they'll have reconsidered.. ;-)

Thanks Mickey.

--
Andrew Thompson
* http://www.PhySci.org/ PhySci software suite
* http://www.1point1C.org/ 1.1C - Superluminal!
* http://www.AThompson.info/andrew/ personal site



Mickey Segal 01-14-2004 09:16 PM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
"Andrew Thompson" <andrew64@bigNOSPAMpond.com> wrote in message
news:aYhNb.12442$Wa.112@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Right, OO xtn to SQL.
>
> Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
> support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
> use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
> when I finally figure out something to use it for,
> they'll have reconsidered.. ;-)


Hibernate was new to me too but I started wondering what I was missing after
it was mentioned.

We also use Lunarpages. Aside from sparse documentation for using servlets
their service seems good. But users can take the initiative in doing
documentation, such as the Lunarpages part of
http://segal.org/java/servlets/start.html



newsadict 01-14-2004 09:27 PM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
www.1and1.com is promoting free webhosting for 3 years currently. Must sign
till January 24th. They promised to introduce Java features this month. I
don't know though would it be for free.

"Mickey Segal" <ignored@example.com> wrote in message
news:4005b19c$0$6762$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> "Andrew Thompson" <andrew64@bigNOSPAMpond.com> wrote in message
> news:aYhNb.12442$Wa.112@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > Right, OO xtn to SQL.
> >
> > Yeah, it's a pity LP (my host as well) does not
> > support it. Still, I have no immediate plans to
> > use the one DB I have access to, so hopefully
> > when I finally figure out something to use it for,
> > they'll have reconsidered.. ;-)

>
> Hibernate was new to me too but I started wondering what I was missing

after
> it was mentioned.
>
> We also use Lunarpages. Aside from sparse documentation for using

servlets
> their service seems good. But users can take the initiative in doing
> documentation, such as the Lunarpages part of
> http://segal.org/java/servlets/start.html
>
>




Roedy Green 01-14-2004 11:00 PM

Re: web hosting recommendation
 
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:27:55 GMT, "newsadict" <a@most-wanted.com>
wrote or quoted :

>www.1and1.com is promoting free webhosting for 3 years currently. Must sign
>till January 24th. They promised to introduce Java features this month. I
>don't know though would it be for free.


The problem with free services is they generally insert ad content.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.