Velocity Reviews

-   -   looking for a pdf parser using java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t129253-looking-for-a-pdf-parser-using-java.html)

Thorsten 12-02-2003 03:49 PM

looking for a pdf parser using java

hi,

a want to change the bookmarks from an existing pdf-document. looking
through the internet i found a lot of notes.

with itext i have some experience, but its possiblilities in reading a
not sufficient (I think). pj seems to be appropriate but looking
through the api i do not found what i need. has anybody a hint?

regards
thorsten

Thorsten 12-04-2003 10:56 AM

Re: looking for a pdf parser using java

meanwhile i found a solution using pjx. if anyone is interested in way
a took, please contact me.

regards
thorsten

Ben Jessel 12-04-2003 11:51 AM

thorsten.kruse@hamburg.de (Thorsten) wrote in message news:<b3196680.0312020749.122e8f1e@posting.google. com>...
> hi,
>
> a want to change the bookmarks from an existing pdf-document. looking
> through the internet i found a lot of notes.
>
> with itext i have some experience, but its possiblilities in reading a
> not sufficient (I think). pj seems to be appropriate but looking
> through the api i do not found what i need. has anybody a hint?

You could convert it to word then use
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/index.html
then convert it back again. Though I don't know whether bookmarks
would be preserved...