Velocity Reviews

-   -   New to Netbeans (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t128016-new-to-netbeans.html)

Andre Arpin 10-26-2003 06:10 PM

New to Netbeans

I am trying to debug a simple applet using netbeans:

How do I get the parameters that are read by getParameter initialized.

I am working from an existing applet from found on the web. Most of the code
is really obvious except for the use of the letter f in rather unexpected
places.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/j...orFadeBar.html

ex:
if (x < (_iHpoints f 3))
_iTextDirection = LEFT;
else if (x > ((2 * _iHpoints) f 3))

where iHpoints is an int. the Netbeans compiler object to this syntax is
this old syntax that has been deprecated.

How could I translate this code.

Thanks in advance

Andre

Andre Arpin 10-26-2003 11:46 PM

Re: New to Netbeans

"Andre Arpin" <arpin@kingston.net> wrote in message
> I am trying to debug a simple applet using netbeans:
>
> How do I get the parameters that are read by getParameter initialized.

edit the html file generated by netbeans in the same directory as the applet
and
add the param info in the applet tag
ex:
param TEXT="This is a test"