Velocity Reviews

-   -   J2ME and XML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t126765-j2me-and-xml.html)

Oz Mortimer 09-17-2003 08:37 AM

J2ME and XML

Hi There,

Is there any way that I can display an XML page within a J2ME application?

Many Thanks
Oz.

Darryl L. Pierce 09-18-2003 02:01 AM

Re: J2ME and XML

Oz Mortimer <oz@o-tec.tv> wrote:
> Is there any way that I can display an XML page within a J2ME application?

What do you mean by "display"? Show the XML itself? Sure, use a TextBox.
Syntax hilight it? For that, you'd need to write your own UI widget or
look for where someone had written one already.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@myrealbox.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>

Oz Mortimer 09-18-2003 07:27 AM

Re: J2ME and XML

Actually what I meant was WML - I want to display a WML page within J2ME as
if it was viewed in a browser!.... is this possible?

Oz.
news:c0d453526c94e7e1a30dc823dd7f282c@news.teranew s.com...

Darryl L. Pierce 09-19-2003 12:01 PM

Re: J2ME and XML

Oz Mortimer <oz@o-tec.tv> wrote:
> Actually what I meant was WML - I want to display a WML page within J2ME as
> if it was viewed in a browser!.... is this possible?

Yeah, you just have to write your own WML rendering engine. You can use
the standard LCDUI widgets for the interface, but the parsing and
dynamic form generation would be up to you; there's no API in the MIDP
to do it.

awesome_slayer 05-21-2012 11:33 PM

sir...I am developing an application in which when an option from ChoiceGroup.EXCLUSIVE is chosen, using if condition i want to generate a textbox in a form....can you help me with this...thanking you in advance