Velocity Reviews

-   -   JMS Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t124979-jms-question.html)

Dane 07-30-2003 06:48 AM

JMS Question

Hi

I could use a little advice if anyone is familiar with how JMS works.
I'm developing a simple J2EE application that uses an MDB to send an
asynchronous message to another J2EE application that also uses JMS to
generate SOAP messages to send to an ASP.NET web service.

Is point-to-point the way to go here? Or will publish/subscribe do just
as well? The communication is two-way. The second JMS app sends a reply
message to the message sender once it receives confirmation from the web
service.

Is there a good JMS text that anyone can recommend?

Many thanks in advance

Dane

tk 07-30-2003 03:38 PM

Re: JMS Question

The best one that I know of is the JMS book by Richard Monson-Haefel from
O'reilly. www.oreilly.com

http://safari.oreilly.com/?XmlId=0-596-00068-5