Velocity Reviews

-   -   Best Practices (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t124790-best-practices.html)

DeltaHat 07-24-2003 09:43 PM

Best Practices

Hello all,
My employer has just asked me to compile a list of "best practices"
and "do's and don'ts" for programming in Java and J2EE. We are very
shortly going to be taking over maintenance for a very large J2EE app
and don't want to end up shooting ourselves in the foot by making
silly mistakes out of ignorance. The project makes heavy use of
servelets, JSP, XML, EJB, session beans, all running on an IBM
Websphere server. So I ask you all, what words of wisdom do you have
to make our lives easier and to help improve system performance? Thank
you very much,
~Ryan

anon 07-25-2003 12:00 AM

Re: Best Practices

Go to the O'reilly website and look for their Best Practices book for Java.

news:1d56b6b6.0307240606.275d4a5c@posting.google.c om...

Manish Jethani 07-25-2003 09:54 AM

Re: Best Practices

DeltaHat wrote:

> My employer has just asked me to compile a list of "best practices"
> and "do's and don'ts" for programming in Java and J2EE. We are very

[snip]

How about doing some research on the Web?

http://www.google.com/search?q=java+best+practices
http://www.google.com/search?q=j2ee+best+practices

--
Manish Jethani (manish.j at gmx.net)
phone (work) +91-80-51073488

Scott Yanoff 07-25-2003 02:21 PM

Re: Best Practices

DeltaHat wrote:
> Websphere server. So I ask you all, what words of wisdom do you have
> to make our lives easier and to help improve system performance? Thank
> you very much,
> ~Ryan

I often recommend:
http://www.precisejava.com/