Velocity Reviews

-   -   Latent class regression in Java? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t124732-latent-class-regression-in-java.html)

Craig Matthews 07-23-2003 01:31 PM

Latent class regression in Java?

Hello,

Does someone have any idea how to implement "latent class regression" in
Java? Any objects or code samples that I can take a look at?

If this is not available, I would appreciate if someone could point out some
code samples for simple regression if you have come across any.

Thanks!
CM

Steve Horsley 07-23-2003 08:26 PM

Re: Latent class regression in Java?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:31:19 +0900, Craig Matthews wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does someone have any idea how to implement "latent class regression" in
> Java? Any objects or code samples that I can take a look at?
>
> If this is not available, I would appreciate if someone could point out some
> code samples for simple regression if you have come across any.
>
> Thanks!
> CM

I don't think "latent class regression" is a java term. Can you explain
what it means?

Steve

Shashank Tripathi 07-26-2003 12:41 AM

Re: Latent class regression in Java?

> I don't think "latent class regression" is a java term. Can you explain
> what it means?

I cannot offer a solution offhand but I guess LCR (or LCA) is a
statistical term. It uses Newton-Rhapson formulas or Expectation
Maximization (EM) to give better explanatory powers to models
(equations) through the use of a latent class variable.

For someone to offer a Java algorithm of this procedure would be a
little difficult because SAS and SPSS don't have it either, as of this
writing you still have to rely on specialized tools such as MPLUS etc.

Shashank