Velocity Reviews

-   -   JMF wanted to play a mpg video and capture an Image into a Buffered Image (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t123993-jmf-wanted-to-play-a-mpg-video-and-capture-an-image-into-a-buffered-image.html)

tochaotic4u 07-02-2003 10:51 PM

JMF wanted to play a mpg video and capture an Image into a Buffered Image

Hi!

Is there any possibility to do this?
If tried to do it with:

player.getVisualComponent().createImage(100,100)

after I started the Video in a Frame.

But this doesn't work for me!!!

Any ideas?

ThanX,

tochaotic4u

Knute Johnson 07-03-2003 03:10 AM

Re: JMF wanted to play a mpg video and capture an Image into a BufferedImage

tochaotic4u wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any possibility to do this?
> If tried to do it with:
>
> player.getVisualComponent().createImage(100,100)
>
> after I started the Video in a Frame.
>
> But this doesn't work for me!!!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> ThanX,
>
> tochaotic4u

Look at FrameGrabbingControl. It does exactly what you want.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute/

tochaotic4u 07-03-2003 09:50 AM

Knute Johnson <nospam@sagebrush.frazmtn.com> wrote in message news:<vg77lv5rdl0052@corp.supernews.com>...
> tochaotic4u wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Is there any possibility to do this?
> > If tried to do it with:
> >
> > player.getVisualComponent().createImage(100,100)
> >
> > after I started the Video in a Frame.
> >
> > But this doesn't work for me!!!
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > ThanX,
> >
> > tochaotic4u

> Look at FrameGrabbingControl. It does exactly what you want.

Jeah!
I've found out by my self.
But my Problem is, that when I try to initalize the
FramgrabbingControll with:

FrameGrabbingControl fgc =
(FrameGrabbingControl)player.getControl("javax.med ia.control.FrameGrabbingControl");

The value of fgc is afetrwards null...

Why doesn't it work for me?