Velocity Reviews

-   -   DBCP / Tomcat / MSSQL, connections staying active (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t123947-dbcp-tomcat-mssql-connections-staying-active.html)

Michael Scovetta 06-04-2003 06:29 PM

DBCP / Tomcat / MSSQL, connections staying active

Hi all,
I have a connection pool going to MSSQL, running under Tomcat. Very
slowly, my connection pool fills up. Can anyone think of any reasons
why this would happen? I've checked through my code a few times, and I
can't find any places where I forget to .close() the ResultSet,
[Prepared]Statement, and Connection objects, and there are no
exceptions anywhere.
Any ideas? Sometimes a connection stays idle, and it automatically
closes those, but the active ones-- I wind up closing ALL connections
after my connection pool is over 80% full, but it's ugly and sometimes
someone will still be using a connection when it gets tossed out on
him.

Thanks a bunch!

Oh, I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24, MSSQL JDBC drivers, and the DBCP that
comes with 4.1.24.

Thanks!
Mike