Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sun One Studio (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t123927-sun-one-studio.html)

Ike 07-01-2003 03:19 PM

Sun One Studio

I'm using Sun One Studio 4, Updatge 1 (NetBeans) and frequently, in debug
mode, when I try to walk through the code, it hangs. This never happened to
me in older versions of Forte.

Anyone have any experience with this? Are theere some options settings I may
have wrong that are causing this? Thanks, Ike

Edwin Keeton 07-01-2003 08:09 PM

Re: Sun One Studio

I had the same experience and have stopped using Studio 4 (CE) until I
can get it figured out.

In article <uEhMa.20377$C83.1943910@newsread1.prod.itd.earthl ink.net>,
rxv@hotmail.com says...

Luke Webber 07-01-2003 10:46 PM

Re: Sun One Studio

"Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uEhMa.20377$C83.1943910@newsread1.prod.itd.ea rthlink.net...
> I'm using Sun One Studio 4, Updatge 1 (NetBeans) and frequently, in debug
> mode, when I try to walk through the code, it hangs. This never happened

> me in older versions of Forte.
>
> Anyone have any experience with this? Are theere some options settings I

may
> have wrong that are causing this? Thanks, Ike

It's a problem in version 1.4.1 of the JDK. Go back to using 1.4.0 (by
modifying ide.cfg in Sun One's /bin folder) and it should be fine.
Presumably you should also be able to use the new 1.4.2 version, but don't
quote me on that.

Luke

Ike 07-02-2003 01:56 AM

Re: Sun One Studio

Ah, found this in the bug parade, and it solved my problem...posting here
for anyone doing a search on this in the future:

You can debug applets in the IDE. But you can't debug applets from .html
file without the Java Plug-in.

You can debug using the Applet Viewer. You have to set the debugger property
to 'Applet Debugging' for your applet. If you created it using the applet
template, this will be set for you by default. To set it manually:

1.. Select your applet's class file in the Explorer window.
2.. Right click and choose Properties from the pop-up menu
3.. The resulting property sheet will have two tabs. Click the Execution
tab to view the class's execution properties
4.. Set the Debugger property to 'Applet Debugging'.
Once you set the properties correctly, you can then set the breakpoints in
your applet's source code and debug normally.