Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP.NET 2.0 Tree Control and Navigation Controls - General Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t123696-asp-net-2-0-tree-control-and-navigation-controls-general-question.html)

davidwank@gmail.com 04-13-2006 09:54 PM

ASP.NET 2.0 Tree Control and Navigation Controls - General Question

Hi.

Why is it practical to have the ASP.NET navigation controls based on
XML? I would love to just use databinding and then be able to
dynamically update the navgiation menu (e.g. for a product list).

I tried to use a dropdownlist with hyperlinks for navigation (not the
main navigation -- a navigation subset) and even a listbox, but found
it very cumbersome.

The way I figure it now, is that I have to pull the data over from Sql
Server, convert it to XML, reformat into the appropriate nodes, and the
then populate the navigaiton control..

Is there an easier way to do this? What am I missing??

Thanks in advance!
-Ranginald

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?= 04-13-2006 10:16 PM

RE: ASP.NET 2.0 Tree Control and Navigation Controls - General Questio

This SQL Site Map data source
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...02/WickedCode/

Ranginald 04-13-2006 10:48 PM

Re: ASP.NET 2.0 Tree Control and Navigation Controls - General Questio

Fantastic!
Thanks!