Velocity Reviews

-   -   Import an excel spreadsheet in ASP.NET (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t123298-import-an-excel-spreadsheet-in-asp-net.html)

Uma Muthu 04-07-2006 08:50 PM

Import an excel spreadsheet in ASP.NET

Hi,
I have an ASP.NET (2.0) webform. I want to import an excel spreadsheet.

In that Excel spreadsheet are specific cells that I want to capture
specific
data from. Is it doable?

Thanks,

Uma

Jeff Dillon 04-07-2006 09:10 PM

Re: Import an excel spreadsheet in ASP.NET

Is the Excel file on the server? Import to where?

You can open the Excel file using ADO.NET

Jeff

news:1144443034.142420.18840@j33g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...

Uma Muthu 04-07-2006 09:30 PM

Re: Import an excel spreadsheet in ASP.NET

Thanks for your reply Jeff.

Most likey the file will be in the client machine.(Browse to...)

Import to where?
In that Excel spreadsheet are specific cells that I want to capture
specific data from and post it on the web grid.

Thanks,
Uma

Jeff Dillon 04-07-2006 09:51 PM

Re: Import an excel spreadsheet in ASP.NET

Well, the first task is to get the Excel file to the server. You'll need to
upload the file to the server, and then open it, parse it, and go from
there.

Check into the HTML Input (File) control to get started.

news:1144445428.224754.53200@z34g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] 04-10-2006 02:32 AM

Re: Import an excel spreadsheet in ASP.NET

You can use Excel as an ADO.NET data source as detailed here:
http://www.dotnetspider.com/technolo...ages/1080.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

Uma Muthu 04-10-2006 07:09 PM

Re: Import an excel spreadsheet in ASP.NET

Thank you all.
-Uma Muthu