Velocity Reviews

-   -   When I send mail use smtpmail get error: Mailbox unavailable.(asp.net 2.0) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t121984-when-i-send-mail-use-smtpmail-get-error-mailbox-unavailable-asp-net-2-0-a.html)

mmnenator@gmail.com 03-21-2006 04:19 AM

Christopher Reed 03-21-2006 04:25 AM

Re: When I send mail use smtpmail get error: Mailbox unavailable.(asp.net 2.0)

This generally means that the mail destination is not able to accept email.
Post your code and we can see if there are other issues.
--
Christopher A. Reed

news:1142914799.309084.211270@v46g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...

mary 03-22-2006 08:17 AM

Re: When I send mail use smtpmail get error: Mailbox unavailable.(asp.net 2.0)

My code :
Dim smtpmail As New Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1")
Dim msg As New Net.Mail.MailMessage()
msg.From = New Net.Mail.MailAddress("a@mmn-xjgzinfo.com")
msg.To.Add("a@mmn-xjgzinfo.com")
msg.Subject = "this is a test"
msg.Body = "this is mail body ,thanks !"
smtpmail.Send(msg)

Christopher Reed 03-24-2006 03:06 AM

Re: When I send mail use smtpmail get error: Mailbox unavailable.(asp.net 2.0)

Are you using a smart host on your local SMTP server? Is so, does it allow
relaying?

I noticed that your domain uses cox.net for mailing. Do you know if you
have the ability to go through port 25 on cox.net?
--
Christopher A. Reed

news:1143015456.239842.136270@u72g2000cwu.googlegr oups.com...

mary 03-28-2006 07:49 AM

Re: When I send mail use smtpmail get error: Mailbox unavailable.(asp.net 2.0)

I can't understand you, what is smart host ,cox.net?