Velocity Reviews

-   -   ...project creation failed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t120668-project-creation-failed.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?= 03-01-2006 04:49 PM

...project creation failed

I just installed VS2005 and I am trying to create a new Web Site. I click
File...New Web Site, select ASP.NET Website, HTTP and I replace "Website" at
the end of localhost with my site name. Let's call it "Dog". So the web site
location will be http://localhost/Dog. I click OK.

The status line at the bottom of the screen reads: "Creating project 'Dog'"
then changes to "Creating project 'Dog' ... project creation failed."

What could I be doing wrong?

Ward Bekker 03-01-2006 07:51 PM

Re: ...project creation failed

Hi Herb,

An alternative might be to use File System as a location. VS2005 now
fortunately has it's own development webserver, so you don't even need
IIS on your dev box.

--
Ward Bekker
"Asp.Net Discussions for the Professional Developer"

"Free .Net 2.0 C# to/from VB.Net Code Converter"
http://www.dotnettaxi.com/Tools/Converter.aspx

Steven Cheng[MSFT] 03-02-2006 05:53 AM

RE: ...project creation failed

Hi Junior,

I suggest you first try creating the website project through File System,
if that succeed, at lease the VS 2005 and website project can development
environment can function. Then, we should turn to check the ASP.NET
configuration in the IIS server. Would you provide some further info on
your development machine's OS and IIS, framework version info?

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

=?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?= 03-02-2006 12:43 PM

RE: ...project creation failed

Same results. Creating it on "File System" did not work.

This is a Windows 2000 SP4 with IIS 5.0.

=?Utf-8?B?SGVyYg==?= 03-02-2006 01:02 PM

RE: ...project creation failed

Framework version 2.0.50727

Steven Cheng[MSFT] 03-03-2006 03:08 AM

RE: ...project creation failed

Thanks for your response Junior,

If the fileSystem project even fails, I'm afraid there must have some
serious problem with the VS 2005 ide's installation. I think one thing you
can still check is whether there is any security related errors on the
machine. To check this, you can download the regmon and filemon tool and
run them on the machine when you start creating website project in VS 2005
ide. If there're any file access or regsitry access failure, it will be
captured.