Velocity Reviews

-   -   Visual Web Developer does not support opening a sharepoint web sit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t120556-visual-web-developer-does-not-support-opening-a-sharepoint-web-sit.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Q0JLb3dpdHo=?= 02-28-2006 02:48 PM

Visual Web Developer does not support opening a sharepoint web sit

I installed VS 2005 and went to open one of my VS 2003 solutions. It's a web
page and when I opened it, it went through it's 'conversion' and now I get
an this error: Unable to open the web .../TestCBSInfo.proj Visual Web
Developer does not support opening SharePoint Web Sites. See Help for more
details.

What is wrong here and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Christopher Reed 03-04-2006 01:53 PM

Re: Visual Web Developer does not support opening a sharepoint web sit

I believe the problem is that SharePoint websites still use 1.1 libraries
associated with SharePoint Services.

Look here for more information:
http://blogs.msdn.com/mikefitz/archi...17/397775.aspx

--