Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to use ASP.NET 2.0 Web Admin tool on hosted site?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t120366-how-to-use-asp-net-2-0-web-admin-tool-on-hosted-site.html)

=?Utf-8?B?dmE=?= 02-25-2006 08:19 AM

How to use ASP.NET 2.0 Web Admin tool on hosted site??

I deployed the personal web starter kit and its databases on a shared hosting
site The hosting site gives me ASP.NET 2.0 and a SQL 2005 server database.
Everything is working but now I would like to use the ASP.NET Web Admin tool
to manage users, roles, etc...

How do I get the web admin tool to change the data on my hosted SQL server
rather than my dev SQL server?

=?Utf-8?B?dmE=?= 02-25-2006 09:11 AM

RE: How to use ASP.NET 2.0 Web Admin tool on hosted site??

Never Mind!!! I got it.

In case anyone else has this issue,

1) In the local dev machine's web config, change the connection string "Data
Source" to point to the production SQL database whichever table the
membership/roles are located

2) From the local machine, run ASP.NEt Web Admin Tool!

Cool