Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox scrolling with Thinkpad X40 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11996-firefox-scrolling-with-thinkpad-x40.html)

Thomas Kronawitter 10-05-2005 01:44 PM

Firefox scrolling with Thinkpad X40

Hi,

i use Firefox on my Thinkpad R51 and on every other PC.
So far without any problems.

Yesterday my Girlfriend got her new X40. I installed Firefox 1.0.7 EN.
It works perfectly exept for one thing: Scrolling with the trackpoint
(middle mouse button + up/down) doesn't work. The scrolling works just
fine with everey other programm. (including IE)

The odd thing is that it works perfektly with the R51. I dublicated
the settings from the other PC. But it won't work.

I even installed version 1.0.6 and updated to 1.0.7 because i did this
with the R51.

I would appreciate every hint.

Greeings

Thomas

gwtc 10-05-2005 04:19 PM

Re: Firefox scrolling with Thinkpad X40

Thomas Kronawitter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i use Firefox on my Thinkpad R51 and on every other PC.
> So far without any problems.
>
> Yesterday my Girlfriend got her new X40. I installed Firefox 1.0.7 EN.
> It works perfectly exept for one thing: Scrolling with the trackpoint
> (middle mouse button + up/down) doesn't work. The scrolling works just
> fine with everey other programm. (including IE)
>
> The odd thing is that it works perfektly with the R51. I dublicated
> the settings from the other PC. But it won't work.
>
> I even installed version 1.0.6 and updated to 1.0.7 because i did this
> with the R51.
>
> I would appreciate every hint.
>
> Greeings
>
> Thomas

have you tried updating the trackpoint/mouse drivers?

Thomas Kronawitter 10-05-2005 06:02 PM

gwtc wrote:

>have you tried updating the trackpoint/mouse drivers?

sure. i did an windows reinstall and used the most recent drivers.

oh i forgot to mention that i use xp sp2.

greetings

thomas

Thomas Kronawitter 10-07-2005 11:17 AM

Re: Firefox scrolling with Thinkpad X40

hi,

i found a solution (not sure why it works, but it works):

i installed firefox 1.0 en and updated it to 1.0.7.

greetings

thomas