Velocity Reviews

-   -   Username and Password (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t119881-username-and-password.html)

Miguel Dias Moura 02-17-2006 11:55 PM

Username and Password

Hello,

I need to set a basic format for the usernames and passwords in my web
site.
Basically, I need to know what should be the minimum requirements for
having a good security level.
Something like having a password with a minimum of 8 letters (6 letters
and 2 numbers). This is just an example.

Anyway, I need some advice on the format to use and help on how to
create a regular expression.

Thanks,
Miguel

blackstaronline.net 02-17-2006 11:59 PM

Re: Username and Password

For ease of use I always use email address as the username and a
minimum of 8 charactor password. I always state that its best to use a
combination of letters, numbers, and special characters too (!, $,
etc.).

Hope this helps,
Jeremy Reid
http://blackstaronline.net/hgtit

Kris 02-18-2006 08:10 AM

Re: Username and Password

Hi Miguel,

Use the below link for example on how to create password reqular
expression.

http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com...Expression.asp

Cheers,
Kris