Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsoft Configuration Block and Enterprise library configuration tool (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t119725-microsoft-configuration-block-and-enterprise-library-configuration-tool.html)

Mark 02-15-2006 11:27 PM

Microsoft Configuration Block and Enterprise library configuration tool

Hi, I am new to the Microsoft Configuration Block and all I am trying to do
is create a new configuration area where I can store settings much like I
would do in the app.config or web.config using the Enterprise library
configuration tool.

e.g.

<UserName>Administrator</UserName>
<Password>MyAdminPass</Password>

I would like to encrypt the information hence my reason for using the
Configuration Block.

Has anyone got a nice easy step by step example on what I want to achieve
above? I looked at the quickstarts and can't quite believe that I would have
to write my own classes to read and write to the .config file? It looked
total overkill for what I wanted to do above!

Thanks
Mark