Velocity Reviews

-   -   Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t118853-does-viewstate-works-correctly-on-vs-2005-web-server.html)

GS 02-03-2006 06:21 PM

Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server?

Hello,

I'm receiving The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted error message when running code below. This happens on second post back. Why is it happening?
My webpage contains 2 dropdowns controls and I save information entered by user in ViewState variable containing array

ArrayList MyCoordinates = (ArrayList) ViewState ["Coordinates"];
if (MyCoordinates == null)
{
MyCoordinates = new ArrayList ();
}
int[,] myArray = { { int.Parse ( DropX.SelectedValue.ToString ()), int.Parse (DropY.SelectedValue.ToString()) } };
MyCoordinates.Add(myArray);
ViewState.Remove("Coordinates");
ViewState.Add("Coordinates", MyCoordinates);

Juan T. Llibre 02-03-2006 06:44 PM

Re: Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server?

Did you try Googling for the error message ?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...22&btnG=Search

These are good candidates for an answer :

http://forums.asp.net/1181187/ShowPost.aspx

http://www.issociate.de/board/post/2...de_to_2.0.html

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com
==================================

GS 02-03-2006 06:52 PM

Re: Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server?

Thanks. Did not found those only once relevant to MAC address issue.

Juan T. Llibre 02-03-2006 07:06 PM

Re: Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server?

Cool. I hope those messages have the answer for you.

In general, Googling for an *verbatim* error message is a great way to find out
what others have done when they received the same error message.

GS 02-03-2006 07:09 PM

Re: Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server?

Well, suggestions did no really fix the problem. Even after disabling EventValidation still getting the same issue.

Server Error in '/ImageRoll' Application.

The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\imageroll\4129d9e3\c49c091d\App_Web_yoejhrso .2.cs Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.]
System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile() +54
System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte() +2761294
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValu e(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +138
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValu e(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +358
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str eam inputStream) +223

[ArgumentException: The serialized data is invalid.]
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str eam inputStream) +309
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +394
System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.I StateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +30
System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFor matter formatter, String serializedState) +52
System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +155

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
Client IP: 127.0.0.1
Port:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.]
System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Except ion inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +171
System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowViewStateErr or(Exception inner, String persistedState) +37
System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +269
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium() +137
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +102
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5914
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +188
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +112
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(Http Context context) +37
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +135
ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\imageroll\4129d9e3\c49c091d\App_Web_yoejhrso .2.cs:0
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +401
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +117

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Juan T. Llibre 02-03-2006 07:20 PM

Re: Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server?

OK, let's go to plan "B"... ;-)

Are you trying to retrieve a value from ViewState ?

If so, is there an alternate method you could use to persist that value ?
( Instead of using ViewState...so you'd have a workaround. )

Can you post part of the offending code ?
(The part where you retrieve the Viewstate value...)

"GS" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23cAqTVPKGHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Well, suggestions did no really fix the problem. Even after disabling EventValidation still getting
the same issue.

Server Error in '/ImageRoll' Application.

The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.
review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

GS 02-03-2006 07:24 PM

Re: Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server?

Here is offending method. This is being run when button is pressed. It works first time but not second time. I can store data somewhere else but I'd rather troubleshoot and do it as designed.

Juan T. Llibre 02-03-2006 09:34 PM

Re: Does viewstate works correctly on VS 2005 web server?

Do you have an "else" clause after that "if" clause ?

That would explain why it works the first time ( when MyCoordinates == null )
but doesn't work the second time ( when MyCoordinates !null ).