Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nightly build firefox 1.5 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11863-nightly-build-firefox-1-5-a.html)

christopher baird 09-10-2005 01:47 PM

Nightly build firefox 1.5

how do i set firefox 1.5 to update itself to the nightly builds or does
it do it automatically

Moz Champion 09-12-2005 05:20 AM

Re: Nightly build firefox 1.5

christopher baird wrote:
> how do i set firefox 1.5 to update itself to the nightly builds or does
> it do it automatically

No, it wont automatically update to nightly builds

The reason for nightly builds is for TESTING, they are the development
models/varients. Automatic updating as now included in the products is
intended for use with release versions - updating to another 'release'
version.

JamesMZ 09-17-2005 06:35 AM

Re: Nightly build firefox 1.5

Moz Champion wrote:
> christopher baird wrote:
> > how do i set firefox 1.5 to update itself to the nightly builds or does
> > it do it automatically
> >

> No, it wont automatically update to nightly builds
>
> The reason for nightly builds is for TESTING, they are the development
> models/varients. Automatic updating as now included in the products is
> intended for use with release versions - updating to another 'release'
> version.

Actually it may be possible...

>From another source:

The easiest way is to go into the directory where Firefox is installed
(example: C:\Program Files\Firefox\ by default) and inside there, there
will be a defaults folder. Double click that folder and in there there
is a prefs folder. Double click that and then you'll see three files.
We're only interested in channel-prefs.js. Right click on that file and
select 'Edit'

Notepad should come up and you'll see two lines. We're only interested
in the second line which is:
pref("app.update.channel", "beta");

Change that line to be:
pref("app.update.channel", "nightly");

And then exit and restart Firefox. You should be able to check for
updates and get updates now.