Velocity Reviews

-   -   filtering messages by destination (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11844-filtering-messages-by-destination.html)

Hendrik Maryns 09-07-2005 02:23 PM

filtering messages by destination

Hi,

Is it possible to have TB automatically put mails I send in a folder
(subfolder of Sent or other) per addressee? E.g. if I send a mail to
somebody@somewhere.org, then that mail is stored in a folder named
somebody? I've been told VM has this possibility.

H.
--
Hendrik Maryns

==================
www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org

Moz Champion 09-08-2005 06:55 AM

Re: filtering messages by destination

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have TB automatically put mails I send in a folder
> (subfolder of Sent or other) per addressee? E.g. if I send a mail to
> somebody@somewhere.org, then that mail is stored in a folder named
> somebody? I've been told VM has this possibility.
>
> H.

Not directly, but a simple workaround exists.

Instead of making a copy of the mail, BCC yourself a copy. Then in your
inbox you can have filters, i.e.

If <sender> is <youremail>
If <To or CC> contains <address>

Then move to folder <addressname>

Use Match All in this case.

A different filter for each address you wish to have folders for

Hendrik Maryns 09-08-2005 11:24 AM

Moz Champion schreef:
> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to have TB automatically put mails I send in a folder
>> (subfolder of Sent or other) per addressee? E.g. if I send a mail to
>> somebody@somewhere.org, then that mail is stored in a folder named
>> somebody? I've been told VM has this possibility.
>>
>> H.

> Not directly, but a simple workaround exists.
>
> Instead of making a copy of the mail, BCC yourself a copy. Then in your
> inbox you can have filters, i.e.
>
> If <sender> is <youremail>
> If <To or CC> contains <address>
>
> Then move to folder <addressname>
>
> Use Match All in this case.
>
> A different filter for each address you wish to have folders for

Indeed, but this would require q filter for each of the recipients I
want a fodler for. Rather, I would like to have my sent mail folder to
be sorted per recipient and, within that, in any different order. The
only way to do that seems to have a different sent mail folder per
person (that would not only include sent mail, but also answers from etc.)

H.

--
Hendrik Maryns

==================
www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org

VO 09-08-2005 03:55 PM

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Moz Champion schreef:
>
>> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to have TB automatically put mails I send in a folder
>>> (subfolder of Sent or other) per addressee? E.g. if I send a mail to
>>> somebody@somewhere.org, then that mail is stored in a folder named
>>> somebody? I've been told VM has this possibility.
>>>
>>> H.

>> Not directly, but a simple workaround exists.
>>
>> Instead of making a copy of the mail, BCC yourself a copy. Then in
>> your inbox you can have filters, i.e.
>>
>> If <sender> is <youremail>
>> If <To or CC> contains <address>
>>
>> Then move to folder <addressname>
>>
>> Use Match All in this case.
>>
>> A different filter for each address you wish to have folders for

> Indeed, but this would require q filter for each of the recipients I
> want a fodler for. Rather, I would like to have my sent mail folder to
> be sorted per recipient and, within that, in any different order. The
> only way to do that seems to have a different sent mail folder per
> person (that would not only include sent mail, but also answers from etc.)
>
> H.

I have multiple folders. Any "sent mail" I wish to have in one of those
folders, I just drag it from sent mail at the end of each day.

Hendrik Maryns 09-09-2005 09:09 AM

VO schreef:
> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
>
>> Moz Champion schreef:

>>> Not directly, but a simple workaround exists.
>>>
>>> Instead of making a copy of the mail, BCC yourself a copy. Then in
>>> your inbox you can have filters, i.e.
>>>
>>> If <sender> is <youremail>
>>> If <To or CC> contains <address>
>>>
>>> Then move to folder <addressname>
>>>
>>> Use Match All in this case.
>>>
>>> A different filter for each address you wish to have folders for

>> Indeed, but this would require q filter for each of the recipients I
>> want a fodler for. Rather, I would like to have my sent mail folder
>> to be sorted per recipient and, within that, in any different order.
>> The only way to do that seems to have a different sent mail folder per
>> person (that would not only include sent mail, but also answers from
>> etc.)
>>
>> H.
>>

> I have multiple folders. Any "sent mail" I wish to have in one of those
> folders, I just drag it from sent mail at the end of each day.

I don't think my very critical colleague will be eager to do this, as it
has been done automatically for him the last years...

Seems like I might have a reason to try writing my own extension :-(

--
Hendrik Maryns

www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org