Velocity Reviews

-   -   Was Linux just upgraded to 1.06? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11837-was-linux-just-upgraded-to-1-06-a.html)

qywpmp802@sneakemail.com 09-05-2005 11:38 PM

Was Linux just upgraded to 1.06?

Hello. Was Linux just upgraded to 1.06? I lost all my personal settings
and think it may have updated automatically?

Also, I had a program that kept track of changes on web pages and now
can't find it? Help and Thanks.
Ron

Jedi Fans 09-05-2005 11:40 PM

Re: Was Linux just upgraded to 1.06?

qywpmp802@sneakemail.com wrote:
> Hello. Was Linux just upgraded to 1.06? I lost all my personal settings
> and think it may have updated automatically?
>

> Also, I had a program that kept track of changes on web pages and now
> can't find it? Help and Thanks.

it would never do it automatically, it would warn you for /you/ to take
action yourself... personal settings would not be lost during upgrades...
no idea re q#2

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

Andy J. 09-07-2005 08:33 PM

Re: Was Linux just upgraded to 1.06?

qywpmp802@sneakemail.com wrote:
> Hello. Was Linux just upgraded to 1.06? I lost all my personal settings
> and think it may have updated automatically?
>

> Also, I had a program that kept track of changes on web pages and now
> can't find it? Help and Thanks.
> Ron

Windows has a habit of "doing things" behind your back, Linux either
asks or waits for you to do it. Also you don't say what Linux you're
using. Try the distro's web site to see what the latest release is. As
for the 'tracking' program, try entering the name in a command line,
it's probably there just the Icon / Link has disappeared.

Andy J.