Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird will not launch. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11831-thunderbird-will-not-launch.html)

Rodney K Shanley 09-03-2005 05:13 AM

Thunderbird will not launch.

Despite uninstalling and re-installing Thunderbird, it will not launch.
I've looked at all the settings and they seem ok.
I've set "program access and defaults" in WinXP to make TB the default
program.
Where did I go wrong?

--
RodneyK

Doug G 09-03-2005 12:51 PM

Re: Thunderbird will not launch.

Rodney K Shanley wrote:
> Despite uninstalling and re-installing Thunderbird, it will not launch.
> I've looked at all the settings and they seem ok.
> I've set "program access and defaults" in WinXP to make TB the default
> program.
> Where did I go wrong?

After restarting your computer, try double clicking the thunderbird.exe
file.

RodneyK 09-03-2005 01:10 PM

Re: Thunderbird will not launch.

Yes, I have 2Xclicked the exe file. It does not start, so it is not the
shortcut that is the trouble.
It now asks if I want to go online or not, then nothing.
Task manager shows it is running.

John Thompson 09-04-2005 03:05 AM

On 2005-09-03, RodneyK <RodneyKShanley@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have 2Xclicked the exe file. It does not start, so it is not the
> shortcut that is the trouble.
> It now asks if I want to go online or not, then nothing.
> Task manager shows it is running.

If the task manager shows that it is running, then something in your
profile has wedged it. Create a new profile and see if that helps.

--

John (john@os2.dhs.org)

RodneyK 09-05-2005 06:36 AM

Re: Thunderbird will not launch.

"John Thompson" <john@vector.os2.dhs.org> wrote >
> If the task manager shows that it is running, then something in your
> profile has wedged it. Create a new profile and see if that helps.

Thanx for your interrest and help John.
The profile manager did not launch, like TB.
BUT, now everything is OK, because I started TB in Safe Mode (which I had
completely forgotten about), and I found that some nincompoop, me in fact,
had installed the Tagzilla extension. I've uninstalled it and now everything
is Okeedokee.
thanks again.
--
RodneyK