Velocity Reviews

-   -   Using the Crystal Reports that "comes" with Visual Studio 2003 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t116489-using-the-crystal-reports-that-comes-with-visual-studio-2003-a.html)

Eric W. Holzapfel 01-02-2006 12:53 AM

Using the Crystal Reports that "comes" with Visual Studio 2003

Hello Newgroup,
I am trying (to no avail so far) to use and display one of the sample
crystal reports that is incorporated with Visual Studio .net 2003 (World
Sales Report.rpt) - just to get started. I either get an CS1009 error
(invalid code of some sort) or CS1026 "error: ) missing"
I have tried to specify the path for the report using the custom data
binding with a path like: c:\inetpub\myapplication\reports\World Sales
Report.rpt. With and without quotes - always the same result. One of
the errors above.

I get these same errors if I try to build a report based on one of my
database querys.

Also in "Server Explorer" under Crystal Services, I get the error:
"The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found." if I try to open
either "Crystal Enterprise" or "Server Files".

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks Again for the info posted on this newsgroup,
eric