Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I use SQL Server 2000 for the Application Service Database (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t115974-how-do-i-use-sql-server-2000-for-the-application-service-database.html)

=?Utf-8?B?VmluY2UgVmFyYWxsbw==?= 12-21-2005 04:30 PM

How do I use SQL Server 2000 for the Application Service Database

Hello,
I do not have SQL Server 2005 installed on my computer and will not be able
to based on company policy. However I do have SQL Server 2000. I want to
create the application service database to store personalization setting for
using web parts.

BUT, when I try to create the database I get an error and it looks like it
is trying to connect to SQL Server 2005. How do I change the aspnet_regsql
tool to use SQL Server 2000?

Thanks in advance,
Vince

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgTG92ZQ==?= 12-21-2005 06:41 PM

RE: How do I use SQL Server 2000 for the Application Service Database

This may answer your question:

https://help.maximumasp.com/SmarterT...?articleid=878

=?Utf-8?B?VmluY2UgVmFyYWxsbw==?= 12-21-2005 07:00 PM

RE: How do I use SQL Server 2000 for the Application Service Datab

Hi Chris,

I have tried using this wizard but for some reason it thinks i'm using sql
server 2005. I have 2000 on my computer. I can enter the server name and
database name and click next. Then when it tries to build the db in the
empty db I created it gives me an error.

"Unable to connect ot sql server database. an error has occurred while
establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to sql server 2005,
this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings sql
server does not allow remote connections"

How do I tell it that this is sql server 2000?

Thanks,
Vince

Bruce Barker 12-21-2005 07:52 PM

Re: How do I use SQL Server 2000 for the Application Service Database

if you look at the docs, the -S command switch identifies the sqlserver to
use. i looked at the install script, and they are fine with sql2000

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

=?Utf-8?B?VmluY2UgVmFyYWxsbw==?= 12-21-2005 09:01 PM

Re: How do I use SQL Server 2000 for the Application Service Datab

Got it working now, thanks