Velocity Reviews

-   -   FF and certain pop ups?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11500-ff-and-certain-pop-ups.html)

iamu@me.com 07-07-2005 07:09 PM

FF and certain pop ups??

Hmmm anybody know what could be wrong with this situation: when I get
connected to certain websites (e.g icq.com) and try to launch the icq online
program, it shows up for a second or two then disappears?? Same thing when
I use IE. I have the pop up blocker disabled as well during use of this
site?

This will also happen with a few other sites.

Any suggestions?

thanks for your help

Hendrik Maryns 07-07-2005 07:20 PM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

iamu@me.com uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 21:09:
> Hmmm anybody know what could be wrong with this situation: when I get
> connected to certain websites (e.g icq.com) and try to launch the icq online
> program, it shows up for a second or two then disappears?? Same thing when
> I use IE. I have the pop up blocker disabled as well during use of this
> site?
>
> This will also happen with a few other sites.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thanks for your help

I can't find any link named ICQ online, can you give a url?

--
Hendrik Maryns

Interesting websites:
www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

Ed Mullen 07-07-2005 08:07 PM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

Seems to need the full link: http://www.icq.com/

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

iamu@me.com 07-07-2005 09:06 PM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

Yeah sorry I should make it clearer-my fault. When I try to open the ICQ
program (web version) from icq.com This is where I have the problem. But I
do have a problem with a few other sites over the past 6months or so. Very
strange and I wonder why. This happens with the IE browser too. :(

Thanks

Hendrik Maryns 07-07-2005 09:22 PM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

Ed Mullen uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 22:07:
> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
>
>> iamu@me.com uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 21:09:
>>
>>> Hmmm anybody know what could be wrong with this situation: when I get
>>> connected to certain websites (e.g icq.com) and try to launch the icq
>>> online
>>> program, it shows up for a second or two then disappears?? Same
>>> thing when
>>> I use IE. I have the pop up blocker disabled as well during use of this
>>> site?
>>>
>>> This will also happen with a few other sites.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> thanks for your help

>> I can't find any link named ICQ online, can you give a url?
>>

> Seems to need the full link: http://www.icq.com/

No, I mean a link to this `icg online program'. I don't want to go
clicking on every link on that page!

If the OP meant icq2go, (http://go.icq.com/), it works fine for me.

Ed Mullen 07-08-2005 02:33 AM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

Hendrik Maryns wrote:

> Ed Mullen uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 22:07:
>
>> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
>>
>>> iamu@me.com uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 21:09:

>>> I can't find any link named ICQ online, can you give a url?
>>>

>> Seems to need the full link: http://www.icq.com/

> No, I mean a link to this `icg online program'. I don't want to go
> clicking on every link on that page!
>
> If the OP meant icq2go, (http://go.icq.com/), it works fine for me.

I assumed that's what he meant by the "online program." The initial
screen comes up fine but since I don't have an ICQ id I couldn't go any
further to test it.

iamu@me.com 07-08-2005 04:42 AM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

Thanks but my real question does anyone know why this happens to me? :) or a
way to correct this?
Probably need a programming whiz to answer.

Cheers

Doug G 07-08-2005 02:05 PM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

iamu@me.com wrote:
> Thanks but my real question does anyone know why this happens to me? :) or a
> way to correct this?
> Probably need a programming whiz to answer.
>
> Cheers

Do you have Flash enabled?

iamu@me.com 07-08-2005 03:37 PM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

As far as I know yes I have "flash" enabled. :)

Doug G 07-08-2005 05:14 PM

Re: FF and certain pop ups??

iamu@me.com wrote:
> As far as I know yes I have "flash" enabled. :)

Do you see the Flash animation at
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/