Velocity Reviews

-   -   Address book export formats (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11467-address-book-export-formats.html)

Ivan Houle 06-29-2005 02:36 PM

Address book export formats

Hello everyone,

I have an application in which I want to give others the chance to import
their lists of contacts. Using my own copy in english I was able to find
out what the format is. However, I also need to know about the format for
the French version of Mozilla (without having to install it if possible).
What I need to know is whether the field names in the exported address book
in the French version uses the same english names or whether they have been
also translated into French ? (and if they were, then what are they ?)

Perhaps, someone could e-mail me a phony address book from a French version
of Mozilla ? (latest version please !)

Thanks in advance !

Ivan

Ivan Houle 06-29-2005 03:44 PM

Re: Address book export formats

I shall answer myself....the file formats are the same for English and
French.....now what about Mac and windows formats ?

Ivan

Moz Champion 06-30-2005 09:27 AM

Ivan Houle wrote:
> I shall answer myself....the file formats are the same for English and
> French.....now what about Mac and windows formats ?
>
> Ivan

The file formats are the same in all versions, just the placement
differs amongst OS

Moz Champion 06-30-2005 09:28 AM

Ivan Houle wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have an application in which I want to give others the chance to import
> their lists of contacts. Using my own copy in english I was able to find
> out what the format is. However, I also need to know about the format for
> the French version of Mozilla (without having to install it if possible).
> What I need to know is whether the field names in the exported address book
> in the French version uses the same english names or whether they have been
> also translated into French ? (and if they were, then what are they ?)
>
> Perhaps, someone could e-mail me a phony address book from a French version
> of Mozilla ? (latest version please !)
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> Ivan

File are named the same regardless of the language