Velocity Reviews

-   -   Push Server, Remoting Over Http,Real Time Data,Streaming, How Is this Done? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t113533-push-server-remoting-over-http-real-time-data-streaming-how-is-this-done.html)

batista 11-15-2005 07:17 AM

Push Server, Remoting Over Http,Real Time Data,Streaming, How Is this Done?

Hi there,

I want to push data from server to client.(No pulling and no "smart
pulling" like using xmlhttp)

I heard that one possible solution is to use TCP connection using ActX
Controls or Java Applets.

Wat are other options (using .Net Framework)? I found out that there
are
1) Remoting over http
2) Streaming
3) Web Service Eventing ( this one i'm not really sure about)

SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW ARE THESE OPTIONS DONE ( ESP. THE FIRST TWO)?
I mean consider a Quotes Watch Grid where symbols are refreshed as any
change happens instead of periodically polling to refresh the bid ask
proce of the symbol.How is this done?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers...
Bye.

shiv_koirala@yahoo.com 11-15-2005 08:44 AM

Re: Push Server, Remoting Over Http,Real Time Data,Streaming, How Is this Done?

I will suggest you either go for remoting or webservices. But as you
are specific that it should bepush then i will consider only remoting.
As in push the server has to send notification to client saying that
data has changed

---------------------------
Regards ,
C#, VB.NET , SQL SERVER , UML , DESIGN Patterns Interview question book

http://www.geocities.com/dotnetinterviews/
My Interview Blog
http://spaces.msn.com/members/dotnetinterviews/

Adam Cooper 11-15-2005 05:14 PM

Re: Push Server, Remoting Over Http,Real Time Data,Streaming, How Is this Done?

Hi,

You want to take a look at .NET Remoting events in order to accomplish
a server push to clients.

Here is an example of this:
http://www.dotnetspider.com/technology/kbpages/565.aspx

This was on google search terms: .net remoting event tutorial

Cheers,

Adam Cooper
J-Integra Interoperability Solutions
http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/
high performance interop middleware for java, corba, com & .net

matrixfan33 09-04-2009 12:21 AM

.NET Server Push

Hi,

You might want to checkout StreamHub (stream-hub.com), they have a .NET API for streaming data and a .NET Thick Client SDK for receiving it - as taken from there website.

Hope this helps,

matrixfan33