Velocity Reviews

-   -   Profile(s) lost (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11351-profile-s-lost.html)

Ron 06-10-2005 01:03 PM

Profile(s) lost

What happened? I went to the house last night and Firefox looks like a new
installation. No plugins, no history, no saved passwords, no nothing. All is
gone, just plain firefox.
I came to work this morning and my office computer has the same problem. All
my settings are gone. Please help. I have backup of my computer, how can I
restore all the settings?
Thanks

Doug G 06-10-2005 09:50 PM

Re: Profile(s) lost

Ron wrote:
> What happened? I went to the house last night and Firefox looks like a new
> installation. No plugins, no history, no saved passwords, no nothing. All is
> gone, just plain firefox.
> I came to work this morning and my office computer has the same problem. All
> my settings are gone. Please help. I have backup of my computer, how can I
> restore all the settings?
> Thanks

The DLL files for the plugins you've installed usually reside in
Firefox's plugins folder or where the plugin installed them.

Firefox profiles are kept in a different folder from the program files.
Default profile folder locations: http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

If the missing profile folder is where it is supposed to be, you may be
able to restore it by replacing the profiles.ini file in the
\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox folder with your backup copy of the
file. Do it while Firefox is closed.