Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird: support for binary attachments (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t11349-thunderbird-support-for-binary-attachments.html)

ciqret 06-09-2005 08:53 PM

Thunderbird: support for binary attachments

I previously used Forte Agent and the support for binary attachments was
pretty seamless ..

Am I missing something or is this simply a feature that Thunderbird
doesn't support ? If so I am bemused.

Essentially I'm just talking about images and text files (which ok,
aren't binary attachments .. are they?) .. heck! Just help me if you
can, from my position of ignorance/confusion.

TIA

--
Stuart
[ciqret]

[aka cicero]

Big Will 06-10-2005 11:21 AM

Re: Thunderbird: support for binary attachments

ciqret wrote:
> I previously used Forte Agent and the support for binary attachments was
> pretty seamless ..
>
> Am I missing something or is this simply a feature that Thunderbird
> doesn't support ? If so I am bemused.
>
> Essentially I'm just talking about images and text files (which ok,
> aren't binary attachments .. are they?) .. heck! Just help me if you
> can, from my position of ignorance/confusion.
>
> TIA

So what problem are you having with them. Is it attaching something in
outgoing e-mail/ng posts, or is it retrieving attachments to messages.
As for retrieving them, I have the option at the bottom of the message
preview plane to get my attachments (simply double-click). Sending them
can be done by clicking the paperclip (at least on my skin) that says
"attach." Unfortunately, however, there is little support in the way of
attachments that are broken up into several messages to be later
recombined (like OE), but it's a feature I haven't needed yet. Welp,
those are my best answers. Perhaps if I knew exactly what question you
were asking, then I or others could answer them better.

Regards,

Will