Velocity Reviews

-   -   Validator in Datagrid's ItemTemplate (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t113021-validator-in-datagrids-itemtemplate.html)

valeria007@gmail.com 11-07-2005 10:45 PM

Validator in Datagrid's ItemTemplate

Hello!
Is it possible to have a validator in a datagrid's ItemTemplate part of
the column and NOT in the EditTemplatePart?
I know it works in Edit Mode, but this is a datagrid with a checkbox
column. User can select multiple checkboxes and there's 1 submit button
that will process allr ecords that have been checked. I don't know how
to make the validator to work without putting the gird in edit mode,
and that can only be done one row at the time.
Please help!
Thank you :)
-V.

Greg Burns 11-07-2005 10:54 PM

Re: Validator in Datagrid's ItemTemplate

Not sure I understand. But I would make your checkboxes be images of a
checkbox (or an unchecked checkbox) when in the Item template. That way
they cannot be checked unless in Edit mode.

What is it you want to validate?

PS: here is nice control for dealing with checkboxes.

http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/Ro...torColumn.aspx

Greg

news:1131403545.333919.145760@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...