Velocity Reviews

-   -   MS Acess (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t112393-ms-acess.html)

Rodrigo Ferreira 10-27-2005 11:36 AM

MS Acess

How can i interligate my app with a DB in MS Acess?

I don't know how to do that!

Greetings.

Mark Rae 10-27-2005 11:47 AM

Re: MS Acess

"Rodrigo Ferreira" <rjrferreira@gmail.com> wrote in message

> How can i interligate my app with a DB in MS Acess?

Just as you would with any other database...

In this case, you use the System.Data.OleDb namespace, and tell ADO.NET how
to locate and work with your Jet (Access) database by means of a
ConnectionString.

See here for some examples of that:
http://www.connectionstrings.com/

However - a word of warning: Access is not a very suitable RDBMS for
ASP.NET - consider using SQL Server / MSDE / SQL Server Express / mySql
instead...

Rodrigo Ferreira 10-27-2005 01:17 PM

Re: MS Acess

Thanks!